Thursday 21 October 2010

Wilf

Just a short post to explain the lack of posts recently (and next week).

Sadly, the weekend before last, a very dear friend of mine died of liver cancer. It wasn't unexpected, but it was sudden. He'd gone into a care home for the weekend to get used to it before moving in shortly, but got worse very quickly and passed a day later.

I haven't really felt like posting, partly because what I have to post about is generally on the depressing side, so have been somewhat avoiding this site. Also there is a slight amount of guilt that I wasn't one of those who was able to rush over there to see him one last time. He really was a special person.

We're burying him tomorrow, then my son and I are going away to his Mum's for a week, so normal service should be resumed after that.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment