Tuesday 21 September 2010

Toothbrush

I used my last post to talk about planning for going away and since we're back I suppose I should say how it went.

Well, frankly things couldn't have gone much better. We didn't have any problems on the way up, in fact for a little part of the journey my son was positively chatty! We arrived at his Mother's around tea-time and spent a pleasant evening there. The next day I left there around lunchtime and after doing various bits and pieces of the kind you do when you're going back to an area you've previously lived in for over a decade (and nipping off to a football match), in the evening I went round to a dear friend's house where I was spending the rest of the weekend.

Had a lovely time with her and her kids. I got a bit anxious on Sunday afternoon when my son phoned me but that was merely to see if we could leave a couple of hours later on the Monday as he had a friend coming round.

Monday morning I went round to pick him up and left just after lunch. To be honest I thought we were going to get caught up in traffic (I try to travel between rush hours) but apart from 20 minutes delay there was hardly any traffic. Even that delay was 'interesting' as it was for a burnt out car and you don't see many of them these days. There was one point where we had to pull off the motorway and find somewhere quiet so he could relieve himself but that was the height of the drama and we were home by six.

Mission accomplished – and with full success!

Actually there was one problem with the trip. I'd bought (coincidently) a new toothbrush and it was horrible. All bendy in the middle and I didn't like it at all. But I can live with that!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment